<<Back to Events
|Selling (Ideas) For Engineers|
San Francisco Bay Area IIT Global Mentorship Program Presents:
"Selling (Ideas) For Engineers"
(A Round Table Discussion)
Thursday, March 7th, 2013 from 6:30pm – 9:00pm
HP- Bldg SVP01, Floor 01, Conf. Room Atwood
950 West Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA -94085
Space limited to 25 prospective mentees only! Previous events were sold out.
· Do you ever have the urge to sell your ideas to your peers, managers and direct reports?
· Do you have a startup idea and looking to convince the co-founder, angel investor, VC or Prospect?
· As an engineer are you hesitant to sell your ideas , struggle to convince others and, find it difficult to promote your projects?
· Have you been in meetings where you are not very confident how to structure and present ideas/ thoughts in the most compelling manner?
· Is getting trust from your team and building rapport with others is a challenge for you? Do you have difficulty convincing people on your team to follow a new direction?
· Do you aspire to transition from engineering to product management, or to business development?
· Do you wonder about the importance of communication, presentation skills, listening skills, asking discovery questions and understanding your target audience?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then this event is for you!
Whether you are in engineering, marketing, product management or sales, Sales skills play a key role in your career. Yet, as an engineer by training, many of us hate the thought of selling. Chances are that a key part of your success depends upon being able to sell your ideas.
Join senior IIT alumni mentors who have successfully developed and utilized Sales Skills in their career to explore these topics in a roundtable discussion. What we are hoping to get out of this session are both, the tactical ideas and thoughts about overall structure /framework from the experience of our alumni mentors.
We request that you submit three questions for our mentors, as you register for the event. This will help us direct the discussion during the roundtable.
To register for the Bay Area IIT Mentor program mailing list click on the link: http://iitmentorsregister.eventbrite.com
Mentors (Names and Bios Coming Shortly)